Thursday, October 8, 2015

Child of the Muse

I am warm wool socks.

I am soft, faded cotton sweatpants.
I am a kneaded old t-shirt. 
I am soft black fleece.
I am a black tangle of beard.
I am a matte of curls.

I am a glass of cold sparkling water with lime.
I am a large mug of peppermint tea.
I am a glass of full-bodied red wine.
I am a good book curled up on a dark autumn day.

I am as real as my adventure.
As real as the shadow cast of the hooks on the ceiling.
I am as real as my imagination allows me to be.

I am Picasso's shaded muse.
I am Dali's waxed mustache.
I am Van Gough's broad brush strokes.
I am Hemingway's last cigar.

I am a knight-errant of a rare quality and variety,
but I am not alone.  Never alone.
I am a child of the Muse; I am the muse.
Cervantes & Quixote 
Alpha and Omega.